Ingredients: celery, green beans, zucchini squash, parsley and extra virgin olive oil
- Cut up equal amounts of celery, green beans, zucchini (chop the celery to ½ inch or less to eliminate stringiness).
- Place your vegetables in a steaming basket and cover the bottom of the pot with enough water so that it does not boil dry but not enough to cover any of your vegetables. Check them with a fork periodically to make sure that they are still “crunchy”. This will usually take only a few minutes.
- Place your vegetables, a small handful of chopped raw parsley and the steaming water in your blender. Blend to a consistency of pea soup or as desired.
- Add a small amount of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add any of your favorite fresh or dry herbs to enhance the flavor of the broth.
- Refer to your prescribed program for the amount to drink.
If Your System Is Sensitive
- Place the above vegetables in a soup pot with a significant amount of water.
- Add any of your favorite fresh or dried herbs to enhance the flavor of your soup.
- Bring this to a boil and then let it simmer for 45-60 minutes. Drain and keep the broth.
- Throw away the vegetables because the nutrients will be leached out of them.
- Refer to your prescribed program for the amount of broth to drink.